EXclusive News – December 2023
Welcome to a special bumper festive edition of EXclusive News, brought to you by Brand Experiences. This month we share some of our services to boost your EX in 2024, discuss how to get the best out of Experts, point you towards a new EX FAQs page and recap our most popular content throughout 2023 in our 12 days of Christmas wrap up. We’re EXcited to bring you this newsletter and if you find it useful, do share it with your networks.
Supporting you in 2024 and beyond
We have a wide range of services that support the four things we care most about: Culture, Customer Experience, Employee Experience and Sustainability. Here’s a taster of three of them which you may wish to consider for 2024.
Employee Surveys: Our approach to employee surveys differs to most providers in that we don't have a set of standard questions - we work with the organisation to build a set of bespoke impactful questions. We also provide a full findings report, recommendations for future improvements, support with the action planning process and can even present the results to your leadership team. Find out more.
Talent Attraction Portal: Most careers pages are very basic and don’t give potential new hires a real feel for what working life is like at an organisation. Mentioning the values and a bullet point list of the benefits is hardly likely to inspire someone to join you. There is a better way! Our bespoke Talent Attraction Platforms are designed to revolutionise the way you discover and attract top talent. They will differentiate the working life at an organisation from its competitors; showcase the 'culture’; provide the best possible candidate experience; and engage passive as well as active candidates. Find out more.
Website Design & Development: A website is more than just an online presence; it's a digital representation of your brand and a vital tool for communication, engagement, and business growth. Our service combines cutting-edge design with the robust capabilities of Umbraco, delivering websites that are not only visually stunning but also highly functional, user-friendly, and scalable. A well-designed website should pay for itself many times over. Find out more.
You can view the whole range of our current services on our website.
Mojo motivator of the month – The Expert
There are nine recognised intrinsic motivators. This month we focus upon ‘The Expert’.
Experts seek opportunities to demonstrate expertise in the specialised fields in which they operate. Training opportunities are highly motivating for them and they also enjoy sharing their knowledge with others.
If you have employees for which the above resonates, then you may wish to consider the following motivation strategies on an individual, team or organisation-wide basis.
Individual (What they can proactively do)
· Create a Personal Development Plan that gives structure and anticipate learning requirements to become 'the expert'
· Volunteer both to be mentored by someone who is considered a greater expert, and to mentor others to enable their development
· Ensure appraisal discussions not only include goal setting, but also training opportunities to support organisational and personal goals
· As being an expert also involves being able to coach others, keep coaching skills up-to-date
Team (How the manager and colleagues can support)
· Flag up learning opportunities for the team and individuals within it
· Design and discuss an overall development plan and share what’s on it for the team
· Consider mentoring and reverse mentoring within the team
· Give members of the team the opportunity to attend courses or webinars in work time
· Ask Experts within the team to share their learning experience - especially after any courses or webinars they've attended
Organisation (What high-level activities can support)
· Consider mentoring and reverse mentoring across the organisation
· Ensure Continuing Professional Development is core to all activities
· Make the employee induction process second to none
· Use appraisals to link new objectives with new development opportunities
· Shape the work environment to become a learning environment
If you’d like to understand more about intrinsic motivation, then view the mojo website or get in touch via: email@example.com.
Employee Experience FAQs
Our new EX FAQs brings you (almost) everything you ever wanted to know about the Employee Experience. For answers to questions like: ‘What is Employee Experience?’; ‘How do I measure Employee Experience?’; ‘What are Loud Quitting and Quiet Quitting?’; and many more, follow this link to the Brand Experiences website. Who needs Google!
Overcoming toxicity in organisational culture
Toxic organisational culture is like a silent predator, lurking in the corridors of businesses, big and small. Recognising and transforming this toxicity is not just beneficial; it's essential if organisations wish to survive and thrive. In this feature-length article, we discuss: spotting the red flags, strategies for change, the roadmap to a healthier organisational culture and list some FAQs. Read the full article here.
EX industry useful reports – December 2023
Just in case you missed them, here’s a round-up of some recent reports we think you may find useful. This month we feature reports from Installation, Forrester and Raconteur.
12 day of Christmas – Brand Experiences style
If you want a break from mince pies and yule log, then do check out a dozen of our most popular pieces of content from this year.
1. Mojo - The motivation platform which drives productivity, boosts wellbeing and builds resilience
2. The EXO Toolkit - Download it today and start shaping effective employee experiences
3. Monetising the Employee Experience - The book co-written by Mike Sharples and Nicholas Wardle
4. Etihad Aviation Group - This project summary shares how mojo has been 'transformational'
5. Creating an Inclusive Employee Experience - This publication tells how building experiences ‘from the people, for the people’ will definitely boost inclusion efforts
6. The Power of Pillar Based Marketing - an organic approach to SEO - This article outlines how PBM leads to a stronger online presence and improved audience engagement
7. Employee Experience EXplained #5: How do you create an Employee Lifecycle – In this video, Nicholas Wardle talks you through the stages required and the process of creation
8. Brand Strategy - Helping you to realise the full potential of your brand and propel your business forward
9. Balancing People, Planet, and Profit – This article discusses the Pillars of Sustainability
10. Fearless Culture Programme - Embracing courage, fostering innovation and driving growth
11. Helping Al Mulla shape their Employee Experience - This project summary describes how Brand Experiences has helped to 'put people first'
12. Internal Communicators: How do you decide which days/events to mark? - Tips to help you to navigate this sensitive topic