Why a video marketing strategy pays for itself
For businesses that want to succeed with digital marketing, it is no longer a question of if, but how when it comes to using video to get their message across to their target audiences.
Despite the overwhelming evidence confirming video as the most effective content for both online and social media platforms, there are still very few businesses that have been able to take full advantage of this powerful and engaging medium.
There are a number of barriers that hold organisations back:
- Video is just a medium—businesses still need to work out what videos to make for their target audiences
- Video is about story telling and this requires a different mindset from producing product literature
- There is a perception that video is both complex and expensive
- Understanding where and how should video be deployed for maximum effectiveness
- How should businesses budget for video
- How to measure the return on investment
Like most things in business, the key to a successful outcome is proper planning and preparation, which is where a video marketing strategy comes in.
A well considered video marketing strategy will pay for itself many times over.
Firstly, it will give the business the confidence to commit to video by creating a clear plan of what films to make and when and where to use them.
Engaging with video producers through a longer term plan can reduce production costs by as much as 50 per cent, as footage can be captured for multiple films during each shoot. Each film will have a very specific message, targeted at a specific audience, that in turn will increase its effectiveness and produce better outcomes.
The ROI for film
It's time to get in the know.