Welcome to the latest edition of EXclusive News, produced by Brand Experiences.
This month we bring you a special mojo summer offer, share motivation strategies for ‘Searchers’, discuss loud and quiet quitting and more. We’re EXcited to bring you this newsletter and if you find it useful, do share it with your networks.
Build your teams' mojo this summer
Fully motivated employees are not only more productive and high-performing, they will also be more resilient and be in a better wellbeing place. So, to enable your colleagues to feel on top of their game, we have a special summer offer on mojo team building events.
For just £995 for up to 10 colleagues, your team can:
- Understand the importance and impact of motivation in the workplace
- Learn the ROI of the Employee Experience
- Take a mojo map to understand their intrinsic motivators and current levels of motivation
- View a team map to understand each other's motivators; and discuss where people complement each other, where they could clash, and any gaps within the team
- Work together to create a better work environment, based around people’s motivators
Feedback from previous mojo events includes:
- It gives me a clear roadmap to deal with my team members; considering the motivation factors and have a healthy environment
- It gave the ability to understand what makes me and my teams' the way we are and to celebrate our differences
- Mojo will help anyone to better understand their priorities and build a strategy to achieve personal and organisational goals
Not bad, eh? And all this in a half-day session. Do get in touch if you'd like to know more via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mojo Motivator of the month – The Searcher
There are nine recognised intrinsic motivators. This month we focus upon ‘The Searcher’.
The Searcher is motivated by the need for meaning and wants to engage in activities that are valuable for their own sake. They seek work that is important and significant, not just for money or status. They strive to make a difference in the quality of work and life, always looking for something better or a cause to champion.
If you have employees for which the above resonates, then you may wish to consider the following motivation strategies on an individual, team or organisation-wide basis.
Individual (What they can proactively do)
- Clarify purpose in life and formulate a mission based on what they want to contribute and how they want to grow
- Seek positive and quality feedback to grow and consider using social media for feedback opportunities
- Improve communication skills in all forms: verbal, written and electronic
- Identify core values and reward when consciously lived by
- Avoid meaninglessness by finding ways to vary repetitive and routine work tasks
Team (How the manager and colleagues can support)
- Provide positive feedback and communicate the results of their work
- Avoid monotonous routines and look for ways to vary work
- Obtain positive customer feedback and testimonials about the team's results
- Improve regular communication using different modes (oral, written, electronic) and incorporating visual, oral and kinaesthetic approaches
- Ensure that the team has appropriate equipment and materials for their work
Organisation (What high-level activities can support)
- Define the organisation's core purpose and values
- Collect positive customer feedback and testimonials
- Improve communication in the workplace
- Conduct employee surveys to gather feedback
- Encourage team building and develop a team-oriented culture
If you’d like to understand more about intrinsic motivation, then view the mojo website or get in touch via: email@example.com.
Understanding the phenomenon of 'Loud Quitting' in the workplace
The traditional concept of loyalty and staying with a company for years has given way to a more fluid workforce. You will be familiar with Quiet Quitting. Now hear about Loud Quitting. The ramifications - and how you can seek to mitigate them. Read the full article here.
Helping motivation at Heathrow to soar
Last week, our Head of EX, Nicholas Wardle, ran a session on mojo with Heathrow's Internal Comms team. Nicholas took the team through the 'why' of mojo, helped them to understand each motivator, talked through their team map, and there was an exercise on motivation reward strategies.
We're very much looking forward to continuing the mojo journey of driving productivity, boosting wellbeing and building resilience with all at Heathrow's ace IC team.
Mojo technical updates
We've now passed the milestone of 50 organisations using mojo (hooray!). For those of you who are, here's some upcoming updates:
- Administrators will receive a notification if a mojo user is locked out - and details on how to unlock them.
- "My Teams" > "Company Overview” will soon show the total maps taken by the organisation.
- "My Teams" > "Company Overview” / “Team name” will show additional charts relating to the history (updated each quarter).
EX industry useful reports – July 2023
Just in case you missed them, here’s a round-up of some recent reports we think you may find useful. This month we feature the IOIC's IC Index 2023, Home's ‘The Work Project' 2023 and Cezanne HR's report into modern employer-employee relationships.